A secular progressive (aka the Devil) holds the following truths to be self-evident.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

God Is In Your Taxes

This is what boredom and insomnia will do to you: I just finished a marathon YouTube session (I'm officially over 8,000 videos watched!) that lasted about an hour and a half. OK, maybe an hour and a half isn't such a long time but when your normal posture ranks somewhere between Kurt Cobain and Quasimodo, sitting in a computer chair for an hour and a half can fuck up an already-fucked up back. Anyway, I digress. On to the topic at hand.



This is one of the coolest/weirdest videos I've seen about atheist campaigning. I'm always glad to see fellow atheists fighting for our constitutional rights against the "moral majority" and I'm always glad to see it done in creative/funny ways. I also enjoyed the tv hosts' faux shock at the idea that atheists actually exist and can afford billboards.

But what the fuck was up with that religious right-winger radio host? "Income tax doesn't not exist just because somebody doesn't believe in it. And the same is true with our creator, god." Um, yeah. That is easily the damn dumbest analogy I've ever heard. Well, dude, I know income tax exists because I can see where the government has taken it from me each paycheck. I can see it and I can feel it. God? Not so much. Maybe if god wants to make his presence known, he should send himself to Earth in the form of tax.

Actually, upon second thought, God and government have a lot in common. Both are primarily concerned with taking money from its people under false pretenses. Both are obsessed with image and concerned with the adherence to arbitrary laws. Both are war-mongering hypocrites. And both get national holidays for their shit.

But I do have to give the random dudes who wrote the Bible god his props for this gem, which is easily my favorite biblical verse:

Proverbs 22:14: "The mouth of strange women is a deep pit." Yes, it is.

2 comments:

alana said...

I posted something about the bus signs today too. We must be soul mates. lol

I love how that fist guy called the signs provocative. Ha! Old Christian bag ladies everywhere will be mortified.

And what’s up with that pastor saying this is about trying to discredit Christianity? It must be hard for them to accept that it’s not always about them.

Beelzebub said...

Well, you know what they say about brilliant minds...

And of course the Christians think it's about them. I'm sure they view it as another battle in the "War on Christianity." Because we've made it sooo hard to be Christian in the USA. Their lives are hell because they're forced to look at alternative viewpoints. Damn that Godless Gay Liberal Conspiracy to Destroy America, you've done it again!