A secular progressive (aka the Devil) holds the following truths to be self-evident.

Sunday, December 07, 2008

'The Dark Knight' = Best Political Commentary of the Year

The best movie of the year comes out on DVD Tuesday! I'm seriously stoked. I saw "The Dark Knight" twice at the theaters, which is the first time I've seen a movie more than once since "Titanic" in '97 (Hey, I was 12).

Heath Ledger totally rocked it out as the Joker. He was both hilarious and terrifying at the same time and if he doesn't get his posthumous Oscar, I'll...whine right here on my blog. My favorite scenes were the bit with the pencil ("Wanna see a magic trick?" being one of the best set-up lines in a movie ever) and the part when the tractor trailer flips over. It really is a great movie, both for the special effects and the terrorism/political subtext. I can't wait! God, I am such a fangirl. :)

No comments: