A secular progressive (aka the Devil) holds the following truths to be self-evident.

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

2004- Helluva Year

******October 25, 2008- I managed to locate a few entries from a blog I had in 2004, so I've decided to consolidate them here into my new one. I completely forgot about it and reading the entries is like going through a scrapbook. I realize I'm much more mature now. And by "mature," I mean older and meaner.************************

I think this year's been quite productive. We had a presidential election which saw the reelection of one of the most polarizing presidents in history, a congressional election that gave Republicans a stronger hold in Congress, a bunch of movies, both crappy and phenomenal, and a resurgence in old-school rock. These are, in my opinion, the best things of this past year:

- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Garden State and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Best movies of the year, by far.

- Jon Stewart's America: The Book. The best book of the year, by far.

- The election. Even though my guy lost (well, my guys- my party got its ass kicked), it was cool to vote in my first ever election.

- Hot Fuss by The Killers, the Garden State soundtrack, Franz Ferdinand and Good News for People Who Love Back News by Modest Mouse are the best albums of this year. Period.

I will be spending the terminus of this year in London, England and am very excited about it. Here's to 2005!

1 comment:

MKD said...

Great taste in music. Good luck in London.